HOA ACCOUNTING MANAGER – FULL TIME
Location: Park City, UT, US
Company: Sea to Ski Property Management
Shift Type: Full Time
Join our fun and collaborative team at Sea to Ski!
Sea to Ski Property Management is the premier property management company in Park City, Utah. We specialize in private, non-rental vacation homes and management of homeowner associations. With over 15 years of experience as one of Park City’s best property management teams, we are committed to delivering top-tier service, intentional growth, and team development. This is a dynamic, fast paced, and fun work environment.
Essential Business Functions:
Accounting Manager – Oversee a team of bookkeepers, working to manage the daily and strategic accounting functions of homeowners associations.
- Financial Reporting and Analysis:
- Prepare, review, and distribute monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports to the HOA board and homeowners.
- Analyze financial data to identify trends, variances, and areas for improvement.
- Develop and maintain financial models and cash flow forecasts.
- Budget Management:
- Collaborate with the HOA Manager and board to create and manage the annual budget.
- Monitor expenses, revenue, and adherence to the budget.
- Recommend adjustments and cost-saving strategies.
- Accounts Receivable and Payable:
- Oversee team of bookkeepers to ensure all accounts payable and receivable activities are performed timely and accurately, including:
- Ensure timely collection of HOA dues and fees.
- Review invoices, process payments, and manage vendor relationships.
- Reserve Fund Management:
- Maintain the association’s reserve fund.
- Plan for and fund major capital expenditures and repairs.
- Review reserve fund studies and updates.
- Financial Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with HOA financial policies and local regulations.
- Facilitate annual financial audits and tax filings.
- Provide financial information to auditors and tax preparers.
- Homeowner Communication:
- Act as the primary point of contact for HOA Board inquiries related to HOA finances.
- Address HOA Board concerns, provide financial updates, and maintain transparency.
- Team Leadership:
- Supervise and lead a team of bookkeepers.
- Provide training and development opportunities to team members.
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Risk Management:
- Identify and mitigate financial risks to the HOA.
- Develop and maintain financial policies and procedures.
- Implement internal controls to safeguard association assets.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting, finance or related field required
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Broad accounting knowledge and expertise in general ledger, A/R, A/P, cash management, and financial reporting
- Understanding of internal controls
- Expertise in Quickbooks required
- Experience in Word, Excel, and Google Workspace
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively as a member of an accounting team
- Ability to interact and work positively and effectively with homeowners, HOA board members, and staff
- Financial analysis competence from a formal business/finance/accounting degree, background, or experience
- Knowledge of state HOA regulations and laws is a plus
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, establish priorities, and meet deadlines
- Detail oriented self starter with the ability to prioritize projects
- Ability to function efficiently in a fast-paced, demanding environment
Compensation and Benefits:
- This is a full-time position (40 hours per week)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance for full-time employees
- Healthcare Savings Accounts & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (for eligible plans)
- 401(k) retirement plan for all employees (eligible to contribute after 12 months of service)
- Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO), Sick Time, and Bereavement Leave
- Paid Parental Leave for eligible parents
- Generous employee wellness benefit (ski pass, gym membership, spa treatments, or other)
We are looking for team members who are passionate about their work and the community around them, who make it their mission to ensure our clients receive the best possible service and who bring a sense of self and fun to all they do. Come join our team. Sea to Ski – We Treat Your Home Like Our Own
Sea to Ski Property Management is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
To apply, please send resume and (3) references t0 email@example.com.